Student Jobs at DARK
We are looking for bright, ambitious and proactive students to assist us with various administration and event logistics tasks for 10 to 20 hours a week.
If you have the drive and the energy, if you are a problem solver and like a busy atmosphere, if you have a structured mind and an appetite for work, if on top of this you are service-minded and can be a true team player, then we would really like to hear from you!
You will be part of a team of 4 or more students, under the responsibility of the centre coordinator, and will have missions such as:
- Maintenance of our common areas - such as maintenance of coffee machine, watering plants, ordering & organising supplies, keeping the common areas nice and clean
- Helping out with the organisation of our summer guests programme
- Assisting with conference organisation and logistics
- Website administration and minor IT support
- Other ad hoc missions
The job is based at Vibenshuset, Lyngbyvej 2, 2100 Copenhagen.
We can accommodate contracts between 10 and 20 hours a week. The duration of the contract will be negotiated with the successful candidates, initially with a maximum of one year. The positions are to be filled ASAP.
If you are interested and motivated, please send your application to center coordinator, Mina Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org with a single pdf file containing:
- An approx. 1/2 to 1 page statement about yourself
- A 1 page (maximum) resumé/CV. Make sure to mention specific competencies or interests!
- A summary of your latest grades (also 1 page max)
What we offer
DARK at the Niels Bohr Institute is home to a dynamic research group working in the areas of hi-z galaxies and QSOs, reionization, cosmic explosions, supernovae, dark matter, cosmic dust, clusters of galaxies and gravitational lensing.
Aside from the fun of being in an intercultural, friendly and respectful environment, you will be considered part of the group and as such will be welcome to network and participate in our seminars, talks and other social activities. We also have coffee ad libitum and a very nice fruit basket every day!
The University of Copenhagen welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.
The Niels Bohr Institute consists of 10 research groups and 12 science centres. The Institute has 145 full-time and project-based academic staff, 95 technical staff and 85 PhD-students, as well as approximately 130 foreign researchers a year. The number of physics students is 710.